We believe the purpose of Meadowfield Elementary, A National Paideia Model School, is to provide a quality education that is at once more rigorous and more accessible, to develop responsible citizens and to nurture life-long learners.
Individuals for productive citizenship within a
Active learning environment
At Meadowfield we will Prepare All Individuals for productive citizenship within a Democratic, Engaging, Inclusive, Active learning environment.
We are Meadowfield, a National Paideia Model School leader in transforming lives through project-based learning, Socratic seminar, and student leadership.
· All children learn.
· All children deserve the same quality of schooling within a safe, supportive environment.
· Learning is the activity of the learners own mind in response to opportunities and effort, with teachers acting as supportive academic coaches.
· Schooling is preparation for becoming generally educated in the course of a whole lifetime.
· All children should be prepared to be good citizens, to make a good life and to earn a decent livelihood.
· The types of teaching that should occur in our school are didactic teaching of subject matter, coaching that produces the skills of learning and Socratic questioning in seminar discussion.
· The results of this teaching should be the acquisition of organized knowledge, the formation of habits of skill in the use of language and mathematics and the growth of the understanding of ideas and values.
· Each child’s achievement should be evaluated in terms of that child’s personal growth.
· The principal of the school should not only be an administrator but a lead teacher who is cooperatively engaged with the school’s staff.
· The administrators and staff of the school should themselves be actively engaged as life-long learners.
1. Incrementally increase the academic achievement of all students in all core academic areas.
2. Ensure that staff is knowledgeable, competent, productive, and highly qualified.
3. Improve clarity and communication of opportunities for school involvement and advance parent and public understanding and support of our National Paideia Model School.
We are Richland One, a leader in transforming lives through education,
empowering all students to achieve their potential and dreams.